Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cossayuna tender Bittles

I guess I just love crap that meth-heads sell for cash or that no one else wants from grandma's attic (God rest her soul). When I thrift, I start to talk and move really fast bumping into bins while rummaging for mismatched shoes. I try on every busted hat and literally gasp at stuff I would never look at if it were new and someone hadn't died in it. The sleeping cats of shop owners should know to move.
I know on fb I posted family photos of blueberry picking, a country fair, pastoral farmlands, etc. but truth be told; the highlights of my vacation were in motheaten consignment stores. I found a Gucci (it has a serial number on the tag so if it is a fake it is a really authentic fake) for $4! Apparently long, thin straps don't go with my "rugged" look because when I put it on I looked like Mrs. Richvalsky browsing for muffins at the PTA bakesale. Of course it looked perfectly chic on my sister, Ava - fine take it, label whore.
Don't worry I was able to procure a lovely pair of striped knee high socks, my third jean jacket (this summer), a water-damaged print of Little Lord Fontleroy, a rusty baking tin for madelines, 3 identical pink and white drink trays, and a fringed purple suede clutch.



I recently finished reading The Secret Life of Zzzzs. Although I didn't love the book, I have decided that I need to be an apiarist. I also saw a bee keeping demonstration in the children's room of the library so it is not just a passing fancy. My dreams of owning chickens might be farfetched but bees are small and for the most part neat unless they swarm.
Brendan and I happened upon a Master beekeeper class this week. I was able to get pretty close and pretend I was one of them but then when I started distracting people who were handling thousands of bees by asking questions about how I too could become a Master of bees it was hinted that I leave. They told me that bees are easily "agitated" when it is cloudy plus I was taking a lot of pictures and standing way too close in a short sundress and flip flops. They could have just offered me one of those funny hat-veils. Sheesh, don't bee a hater. (I'm sorry but you have no idea of how many bee jokes I didn't make.)

2 comments:

  1. How do I add comments? Is this thing on? Who is A and E, and why can't this blogging service properly handle an ampersand? Is this the post about the pork?

    Leon Kowalski

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's not the first time i've been called a whore, and it won't be the last.

    is leon kowalski one of your beekeeper friends?

    ReplyDelete